Background on Assignments
Any and All Agreements including most real estate sales agreements, i.e.; pre-construction (condos and freeholds); resale homes and condos not yet closed and even specialty projects like Friday Harbour resort condos (Lake Simcoe) can be assigned.
SELLERS: Use Assignment to sell prior to final closing. Reasons you may want to do this including job transfer, health, marital or financial changes. Whatever the reason, you have decided not to wait to close with the Builder/Vendor and you certainly want to avoid a costly default. Instead, you do an Assignment and get your deposits and profit (market growth/equity) and move on to better alternatives.
BUYERS: Use Assignment to buy a property in new projects (freehold or condo) that are SOLD OUT but still UNDER CONSTRUCTION or in a period called OCCUPANCY and not available through any other means.
INVESTORS: Use Assignment to buy and sell (flip) as an investment strategy. I have experience with real estate investing and have a 15-year cash flow anaylsis model on Excel that can help evaluate the choices.
There are many Seller and Buyer Benefits with property assignments that I cover in detail on this website.
HST and HST REBATE Guidance
- There are serious HST factors to be aware of in these real estate transactions , especially new construction and assignment transactions.
- My service includes guidance on the ins & outs of HST and HST Rebates
My Services are available across Ontario
- Unlike resale, I do not have to be a local realtor to handle your sale anywhere in Ontario.
- Real estate agents are licenced by province.
- Unless the property is in the Occupancy period, there are no Open Houses, For Sale signs on the lawn or showings possible as there is with standard resales.
- I will refer to expert partners for those with Agreements in jurisdictions outside Ontario - elsewhere in Canada and around the world.
My Service is a Premium High-Value, Low-Volume Service.
My clients are given relentless attention from start to end.
A results-focused approach results in higher net proceeds and lower risk.
Assignment Service - paid only if your property is successfully assigned
- 4.0% without MLS
- 3.5% with MLS
- 3.0 % if paid in under 3 months.
My Buyer Agent fees are 2.5% paid by the Seller (Assignor).
Assignment Success Plan:
1. The Team
Consists of real estate professionals that have knowledge and experience with the process and requirements of assignments including builder/vendor rules, HST rebates and marketing without MLS®.
2. The Process
A step-by-step process that will take a seller (assignor) from pricing, listing, staging (if at occupancy, legal issues to closing without a hitch. I often find and provide the Buyer for my own listings. Also, I assist the Buyer (assignee) if they have a Buyer Agent. I make it easy for them to make offers. I provide a fair and reasonable basis for both sides to agree on price and terms and be happy with the results.
More Details on Process
My goal: No surprises, unless they are good ones!
Let's take a few steps together without cost or obligation:
We can start with a simple conversation ...
Contact me, Dennis Paradis at 416-399-5832 (cell/text) or by email and/or send me the form below with info about your property first (makes our talk more productive).